These terms and conditions govern your use of this website. By using this website, you accept these terms and conditions in full.
If you disagree any part of these terms and conditions, you must not use this website.
Ownership of Material and Copyright
Unless otherwise stated, the owners and/or its and associates own the intellectual property rights in the website and all material on the website.
Subject to the rules of use below, all intellectual property rights are reserved.
Use of the Website
You may view and print pages (and, in some cases, download) content from the website for your own personal or non-commercial use, subject to the restrictions set out in these terms and conditions.
You may not:
- redistribute material from this website (except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution)
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the website
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to this website without our express written consent
- use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website; or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity
- use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material without our express permission
- use this website to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of this website, or the entire website, at our discretion.
If we provide you with a user logon and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential.
We may disable your user ID and password in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
In these terms and conditions, “user content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to this website, for whatever purpose.
Your user content must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any third party’s legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action whether against you or us or any other party.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any material submitted to this website, or stored on our servers, or hosted or published upon this website.
Notwithstanding our rights under these terms and conditions in relation to user content, we do not undertake to monitor the submission of such content to, or the publication of such content on, this website.
This website is provided ‘as is’ and may change from time to time. We make no representations or warranties, express or implied, in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website.
Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, we do not warrant that:
- this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading.
Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial, medical or other matter you should consult an appropriate professional or authority.
Limitations of Liability
We will not be liable to you for any reason whatsoever in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website:
- for any indirect, special or consequential loss or;
- for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data.
(1) If personal information is collected, the responsible party must take reasonably practicable steps to ensure that the data subject is aware of—
(a) the information being collected and where the information is not collected from the data subject, the source from which it is collected;
(b) the name and address of the responsible party;
(c) the purpose for which the information is being collected;
(d) whether or not the supply of the information by that data subject is voluntary or mandatory;
(e) the consequences of failure to provide the information;
(f) any particular law authorising or requiring the collection of the information;
(g) the fact that, where applicable, the responsible party intends to transfer the information to a third country or international organisation and the level of protection afforded to the information by that third country or international organisation;
(h) any further information such as the—
(i) recipient or category of recipients of the information;
(ii) nature or category of the information;
(iii) existence of the right of access to and the right to rectify the information collected;
(iv) the existence of the right to object to the processing of personal information as referred to in section 11 (3); and
(v) right to lodge a complaint to the Information Regulator and the contact details of the Information Regulator,
which is necessary, having regard to the specific circumstances in which the information is or is not to be processed, to enable processing in respect of the data subject to be reasonable.
PAIA permits the disclosure of information of natural persons (human beings) on a number of grounds in section 63, including:
S 63(2)(a),(b), (c) and (f):
(2) A record may not be refused in terms of subsection (1) insofar as it consists of information—
- about an individual who has consented in terms of section 72 or otherwise in writing to its disclosure to the requester concerned;
- already publicly available;
- that was given to the private body by the individual to whom it relates and the individual was informed by or on behalf of the private body, before it is given, that the information belongs to a class of information that would or might be made available to the public;
(f) about an individual who is or was an official of a private body and which relates to the position or functions of the individual, including, but not limited to—
(i) the fact that the individual is or was an official of that private body;
(ii) the title, work address, work phone number and other similar particulars of the individual;
(iii) the classification, salary scale or remuneration and responsibilities of the position held or services performed by the individual; and
(iv) the name of the individual on a record prepared by the individual in the course of employment.
“official”, in relation to a public or private body, means—
- any person in the employ (permanently or temporarily and full-time or part-time) of the public or private body, as the case may be, including the head of the body, in his or her capacity as such; or
- a member of the public or private body, in his or her capacity as such;
“record”of, or in relation to, a public or private body, means any recorded information—
- regardless of form or medium;
- in the possession or under the control of that public or private body, respectively; and
- whether or not it was created by that public or private body, respectively;
Collection of Information
We may collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, fill out a form on the website or click on a Google Advert.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, phone number or certain other information.
Use of Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
– to personalise your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
– to improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your service requests and support needs)
– to process transactions
– to administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
– to send periodic emails
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
Protection of Information
We implement a number of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Cookies are small files that the website or transfers to your computer through your browser (if you allow it) that enables the site systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information to make our interaction with you more efficient. These cookies will not harm your computer in any way.
Disclosure of Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties any personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
We may transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with our rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions without notifying you or obtaining your consent.
You may not transfer, sub-contract or otherwise deal with your rights and/or obligations under these terms and conditions.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is, or is found to be, unenforceable under applicable law, that will not affect the enforceability of the other provisions.
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, we may take such action as we deem appropriate to deal with the breach, including suspending your access to the website, prohibiting you from accessing the website, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the website, contacting your internet service provider to request that they block your access to the website and/or bringing court proceedings against you.
If a provision of these terms and conditions is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions will continue in effect. If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue in effect.
These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us in relation to your use of this website and supersede all previous agreements in respect of your use of this website.
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
Changes to our Terms and Conditions
If we decide to change these terms and conditions, we will post those changes on this page.
If you have any questions regarding these Terms and Conditions you may contact us through this website.